Amazon training is a self-defence and fitness method developed since 2002 and specially designed for women.
Its objective is to offer a dynamic method to achieve a good physical condition and to develop defensive psychological skills against aggression.
The apprenticeship is structured along the following lines :
- Knowledge of high risk situations : In order to be able to identify, analyse them and adapt a strategy
- Mental preparation : To be able to manage one's emotions and use them to escape, negotiate or face the situation.
- Physical preparation : To gradually acquire a (very) good physical condition, shape one's body and become more resistant and flexible.
- Technique preparation : To master simple techniques intended to be efficient under stress.
HOW TO PRACTICE AND WHERE ?
There are three different ways to practice Amazon training :
- Weekly classes in a few clubs
- Topic training courses. To work on one aspect (e.g. "Self-defence when wearing urban clothing" or "How to use every day things to protect oneself" or "hand to hand fighting"…)
- Regular or punctual individual lessons to focus on a particular aspect (contact us for more informations).
WHO IS IT INTENDED FOR ?
For women of at least 15 years old. There is no age limitation but a medical fitness certificate for self-defence practice is required. Adolescents will have to provide parental consent.
Women victims of violence should inform their teacher.